Monday, June 25, 2012

são joão

i just got home after redoing a math test.. yeah, here if you get a bad grade on your final, you can redo your test. it's great! i thought the test i just did was gonna be way hard... but it ended up being one of the easiest tests i've ever done. but i still have to redo my geography and physics tests. yay! not.
yesterday was one of the biggest holidays here in brasil. são joão! i don't really know why they celebrate it, but i do know that it's a holiday in which includes: dressing up like hicks, line dancing, colorful decorations, and eating way too much corn.
the friday before last, my friend bianca went with us to this little barrio called "prazeres"to try and find são joão dresses to wear for a party at our school. it's so busy there but always so crowded... my mom had to be careful not to hit any buses or people while she was driving.
we walked through this huge feira and found the cutest dresses. here's mine:


me and mal line danced at the party at our school that saturday. it was so fun, but so hot outside. bianca came too of course. she's the life of the party :)



since yesterday was the real são joão holiday, there was also a festa junina at the church on saturday. it was way fun. we all dressed up in plaid and drew freckles, mustaches, goatees and sideburns on our faces. we also danced a bunch of forró and line dancing.



i mostly just danced with my friend joyce the whole time cause nobody really asked me to dance, but it was fun. :)



me and mariana


so next time i do a blog post about são joão, i should do my history.. cause like i said, i have no idea why it is celebrated. this year was my third são joão spent here and probably the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment